Laser energy can be an important addition to the healing process off the body and can decrease healing time. Laser energy is absorbed by the cells of the body and stimulates them to produce proteins necessary for tissue repair. Laser therapy also releases endorphins which are helpful in pain relief.
At Wrentham Animal Hospital, we are excited to offer laser therapy as a non-invasive, pain-free treatment to address a variety of conditions. Laser therapy is also a great addition to many existing treatment protocols. Whether your pet has suffered an injury or trauma or is simply aging, laser therapy can be beneficial to your pet's health and comfort.
Conditions that can benefit from laser therapy include:
- Post-surgical incisions or dental extractions
- Arthritis/degenerative joint disease, hip dysplasia
- Soft tissue injuries such as injured ligaments
- Skin conditions such as lick granulomas and other chronic wounds
- Ear infections
- Chronic cystitis (bladder inflammation)