At Wrentham Animal Hospital, we believe in the importance of spaying and neutering puppies and kittens as it is an important factor in helping them to live a healthy and long life!
Spaying or neutering your pets can eliminate or reduce many health concerns such as:
- Pyometra - Pyometra is a potentially life threatening uterine infection which can require emergency care.
- Mammary tumors - Spaying your female pets before their first heat cycle drastically reduces the risk of mammary tumors.
- Testicular cancer
- Prostatitis - Prostatitis is a painful infection of the prostate which can require expensive treatment.
- Pet overpopulation - Spaying and neutering your pets stops unplanned puppies and kittens and helps to keep animals out of the shelter and avoid euthanasia due to overpopulation.
- Behavior problems - Behavior concerns such as dominance aggression, marking territory and wandering can be decreased with early spaying and neutering.